[GNHLUG] [DLSLUG-Announce] TONIGHT: Nifties Bail Out DLSLUG! - DLSLUG Monthly Meeting - 2009-04-02

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Thu Apr 2 01:44:40 EDT 2009

[we've got four nifties on tap so far, plenty of room for more]

               Dartmouth-Lake Sunapee Linux User Group
                        http://dlslug.org/
               a chapter of GNHLUG - http://gnhlug.org

The next regular monthly meeting of the DLSLUG will be held:

                  Thursday, April 2nd, 7-9PM
at:            Dartmouth College, Carson L02

                All are welcome, free of charge.

                           Agenda

5:30  Pre-meeting dinner at EBA's.  AYCE fajita/salad bar on Thursdays.

7:00  Sign-in, networking

7:15  Introductory remarks

7:20  Nifties Bail Out DLSLUG!

       It's Audience Participation Night at DLSLUG - time for you to
       get up and do something. We'll each take a turn at the lectern,
       showing something Neat or Nifty. It doesn't matter if it takes
       2 minutes or 20 minutes to explain, just get up there and show
       us something. We all know something Nifty that's worth showing.
       We'll have a linux laptop to use, or connect remotely to your own.
       The meeting will run until we run out of Nifties, or we run out
       of time.

       It can be anything from a utility you just discovered to a Nifty
       piece of hardware we should know about to a worthwhile service
       on the 'net or maybe something you wrote that saves you hours
       of time. If you're new to Linux that doesn't matter - there must
       be something Nifty about it that got you interested - what is
       that?  Linux is about sharing, and this month it's your turn.

       OK, yes, technically this means we don't have a speaker.  It's all
       good, prepare for an extra-varied brain dump and be prepared to
       learn about all kinds of things. Previous Nifty!'s have run
       the gamut and inspired many an, "intriguing," from the audience.

8:50  Roundtable Exchange - where the attendees can make
         announcements or ask a Linux/FLOSS question of the group.

-----

                       Driving Directions

       Please see the website for links to driving directions.

                          Refreshments

       We currently lack a refreshment sponsor.  If you or your
       company would like to provide or sponsor refreshments,
       please get in touch.

                             RSVP

       RSVP by replying to this e-mail so we can give any
       refreshment sponsor a count.

                          Mailing Lists

       There are two primary mailman lists set up for DLSLUG, an
       Announce list and a Discuss list. Please sign up for the
       Announce list (moderated, low-volume) to stay apprised of
       the group's activities and the Discuss list (unmoderated)
       for group discussion. Links to the mailing lists are on the
       webpage.

                        Tell Your Friends

       Please pass this announcement along to anyone else who may
       be interested.

Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/