OT: Employment Security Options

Greg Rundlett (freephile) greg at freephile.com
Sun Apr 19 08:28:36 EDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 11:39 PM, Joshua Judson Rosen
<rozzin at geekspace.com> wrote:
> Jim Kuzdrall <gnhlug at intrel.com> writes:
>>
>>     I doubt anyone will go start a guild today.  The working conditions
>> just aren't bad enough.  American professionals live very well by world
>> standards.
>
> What's the System Administrators Guild up to, these days?

There is the HTML Writers Guild  http://www.hwg.org/

It has always been a good place to get quality online training at
excellent prices[1].  However, I don't think they have succeeded at
being recognized as "the" certification mark or standard of excellence
-- although they've stated that as an objective.
http://www.iwanet.org/area.asp?id=1

[1]  When I took classes, member pricing for a class was $40.  Now
they are more like $120.  When I took classes at HWG, I took intro to
Perl from Rich Bowen - Apache Foundation Member.

~ Greg

--
Greg Rundlett
Web Developer - Initiative in Innovative Computing