Facebook-like apps?

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Fri Aug 28 22:53:02 EDT 2009

Kenny Lussier <klussier at gmail.com> writes:

> With such vague requirements, I would suggest looking at Drupal:
> http://drupal.org.

Yeah, I'm familiar with drupal, I'm just not entirely sure it's what I
want.  Of course, I'm not entirely sure I know what I want, though, I'm
fairly certain it doesn't exist :)

My basic idea started out with some kind of social networking software
loosely based on family tree connections where each person could log
into their own account and connect to other people along relationship
lines.  Each would have their own little world inside this site, but
could then also be connected to others.  They would then be able to jump
from person to person.  Kind of like LinkedIN connections, except you
can just see everyone's connections because you're all related.

Additionally, I wanted each account to have the ability to post stuff
relevant to the family connections, pictures, letters, audio/video
etc. Much like Facebook.

Drupal does some of this, but not all, as does Joomla.  Bascially, I
want a mash-up of LinkedIN and Facebook, with a little bit of Flikr and
a side of YouTube! :)

Anyone want to work on building a social networking site like this? :) I
haven't the faintest idea on how to get started on something like that,
but I'd certainly be up for getting together to work on hacking it
together!

--
Seeya,
Paul