Linux on a Sun Blade 2500?

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Sun Feb 1 17:02:08 EST 2009

I have a number of blade 2000 and 2500s runnining Solaris 10 just
fine.  The "java desktop" is actually a recent gnome with evolution,
pidgen, acrobat, firefox, etc

You're not going to find a sparc linux that's as up to date.  Solaris
10 10/08 is your best bet.  OpenSolaris is also good if it's available
for sparc.