Thots on evolution vs t'bird.

Alex Hewitt hewitt_tech at comcast.net
Tue Jan 13 17:36:46 EST 2009

Bruce Dawson wrote:
> I quit using Evolution and switched to Thunderbird when Evolution took
> more than 28 hours to rifle though my (more than) 1024 .mbox files.
> Thunderbird did it within 1 minute - and I got to watch as is progressed
> through them.
>
> I don't know why Evolution was taking so long; they were both going
> through an IMAP server - so its not like some resource on the server was
> being exhausted. Its been like that since Evolution release 1.0<something>.

I threw Evolution under the bus when for some odd reason it started
"filtering"  most of my incoming email messages sticking them into it's
junk folder.  At about the same time Evolution seemed to lose track of
messages it had already downloaded and kept downloading the same
messages over and over again. Thunderbird just worked.

-Alex