Thots on evolution vs t'bird.

Jon 'maddog' Hall maddog at li.org
Tue Jan 13 19:00:58 EST 2009

>I threw Evolution under the bus when for some odd reason it started
>"filtering"  most of my incoming email messages sticking them into
>it's junk folder.

You can easily turn off the filtering completely.

>At about the same time Evolution seemed to lose track of
>messages it had already downloaded and kept downloading the same
>messages over and over again.

This had to do with an older caching mechanism.  If Evolution did not
shut down gracefully (i.e. it crashed or the system crashed) the emails
were still in the "in queue", whether or not they had been read into the
inbox.  I have not seen this behavior for a while.

md

--
Jon "maddog" Hall
Executive Director           Linux International(R)

Board Member: Uniforum Association
Board Member Emeritus: USENIX Association (2000-2006)

(R)Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in several
countries.
(R)Linux International is a registered trademark in the USA used
pursuant
   to a license from Linux Mark Institute, authorized licensor of Linus
   Torvalds, owner of the Linux trademark on a worldwide basis
(R)UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the USA and other
   countries.