Blackduck Software and IP

Jeff Macdonald macfisherman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 11:22:47 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Kevin D. Clark
<kevin_d_clark at comcast.net> wrote:

> Jeff Macdonald writes:
>
>> But, as I said before, we don't distribute any code.
>
> You've made this statement twice now, but I myself don't understand
> how this is relevant to the issue at hand.
>
> The common licenses that are being discussed here do not have language
> in them that reads "if you don't distribute code, you're fine"

I guess this could be ignorance on my part, but it was my
understanding that at least with the GPL, one could do whatever they
want with the code. But if the code was later distributed, one had to
abide by the additional terms of the GPL.

> because
> under certain circumstances that's exactly what you have to do --
> distribute your code.

Now you are confusing me, is it relevant or not? :)

Either way I need to do some re-reading.

--
Jeff Macdonald
Ayer, MA