SUMMARY: Ben Scott Saved Our Bacon (Was: GNHLUG is back on the Internet)

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Thu Jan 29 03:25:03 EST 2009

On 11/12/2008 08:25 AM, Ben Scott wrote:
>    In lieu of donations to me, I would like to request that people in a
> giving mood send any donations to a local food pantry or other
> charitable assistance program.  There are people who have much bigger
> problems than a malfunctioning Internet server.

Looks like I never followed up on this on-list ...

After Fundable's cut, we raised $135 for the Dover Food Pantry, donated
in Ben's name.

Depending on which statistics you read, food pantries dispense meals at
about 75 cents a piece, so it should have a positive impact.

Thanks to all who donated!

-Bill

P.S. For future reference, Fundable was easy to work with, except that
one member had trouble authorizing an Amex card.

Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/