WAP/Router for use with OpenVPN

Neil Joseph Schelly neil at jenandneil.com
Tue Jul 7 12:54:18 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 07 July 2009 12:16:18 pm Drew Van Zandt wrote:
> Doing OpenVPN over TCP is, in my experience, human-noticeably slow in
> comparison to UDP; I have seen no issues with multiple machines behind the
> same NAT.

I run my company's OpenVPN endpoint on both UDP and TCP.  I send out
configurations using UDP because it works in almost all circumstances, but
there was once, with an employee travelling somewhere in Europe, where the
hotel firewall/NAT didn't do anything for UDP connections.  That's the only
time it's ever been used and it may never be used again.  The TCP connection
is just too much slower to use on a regular basis.
-N