Way to make Firefox appear to Website as IE6 ?

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Wed Jul 15 12:56:30 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Michael ODonnell <
michael.odonnell at comcast.net> wrote:

> > YMMV with an agent switcher.  If the site uses the agent to
> > determine what code to feed (javascript, ActiveX) like it's supposed
> > to, it won't work.  If it uses the agent to say "we don't work on
> > your browser" even though it's generic HTML, it won't work.
>
> We presume you meant that last one to be, "[...]it might work."

Yes, that's what I meant.

There's a tradition of this.  There's a web browser for the Newton that was
able to render lots of sites by "lying" like this.   In fact, there's a
browser out there that has been lying since the beginning that it's Mosaic
and it has a large market share ;-)