[OT] DTV switch-over

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Tue Jun 2 23:09:59 EDT 2009

"Greg Rundlett (freephile)" <greg at freephile.com> writes:

> btw, at least in Newburyport, Comcast has been advertising this
> heavily with automated calls, mailings, newspaper ads.  Today they
> even called me live.  In the process, they are also shifting some of
> the lineup (emphasizing the new channels you get, not the ones they're
> removing).

Yeesh. Hearing things like this makes me glad that I don't have to
deal with them anymore.

How? I just gave up television. ;)

And it's been really interesting--I've occasionally found myself going
through this routine where I sit wander into the living-room, sit down
on the couch, spend a minute trying to remember why I'm there..., and
then I remember that I have something else that I want to be
doing--and I go do it :)

My wife and I are thinking about doing webcasts of a homegrown sitcom
or something, using all of the now-free time that used to be allocated
to television.

--
Don't be afraid to ask (Lf.((Lx.xx) (Lr.f(rr)))).