OT? Shipping issues?

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 10:53:25 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Alex Hewitt <hewitt_tech at comcast.net> wrote:
> The corner mailbox place just called to let me know that Fedex won't
> honor my damage claim.

  Do you ship a lot of stuff with FedEx?  Can you total up a number
for annual payments?  If so, find out who the customer sales rep is in
the area, contact them, and tell them all that money will be going to
UPS in the future.

  In general, I find complaining through sales is sometimes effective
for non-responsive companies.

  Of course, you might want to follow through on the proposed threat
even if they do honor your claim.

> ... [If] the insurer and the shipper are the same entity, you're going to
> get hosed.

  Indeed.

-- Ben