Cinelerra, high def MPEG from TiVo, slicing out a clip, creating DVD and portable versions

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 20:23:21 EDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> So I presume this means avidemux transcoded the clip to an
> avi. I swear it supports simply cutting w/o having to re-encode
> the video, but I could be mistaken.

  The "Save" dialog in avidemux offers options for AVI or MPEG, but
seems to act the same regardless of which one I pick.  file(1) calls
the output file:

RIFF (little-endian) data, AVI, 1920 x 1088, ~30 fps, video:, audio:
Dolby AC3 (6 channels, 48000 Hz)

  Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.  Well, obviously I am, :), but in
regards to how I'm telling avidemux to save out to MPEG.

-- Ben