Looking for stuff that you forgot to throw out

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Sun Nov 29 16:04:28 EST 2009

On 11/29/2009 02:48 PM, Bill Freeman wrote:
> But the thing does have a pair of PCMCIA slots.  N.B., PCMCIA,
> not card bus.

Wow. That is an antique!

How can I tell a PCMCIA from a CardBus?

Sadly, I do have some dark corners I still need to hoe out of computer junk.

My first contestant, a Dell labeled 10/100 LAN + 56K Modem CardBus, is
apparently unsuitable.

(However, if anyone is interested, it's theirs: Model 3CCFEM656, P/N:
16-0177-001 RevA, a relabeled 3Com card.)

The second contestant is a Belkin 802.11b wireless card which says
PCMCIA prominently on its packaging, model F5D6020 v.2

Let me know if you'd like either one.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche&  Associates, LLC