Looking for stuff that you forgot to throw out

Jim Kuzdrall gnhlug at intrel.com
Sun Nov 29 15:58:09 EST 2009

On Sunday 29 November 2009 14:48, Bill Freeman wrote:
> I've been gifted with a Dell Latitude LX 475D laptop.
> But the thing does have a pair of PCMCIA slots.  N.B., PCMCIA,
> not card bus.
>
> So I'm looking for the loan of one or more of a PCMCIA ethernet,
> WiFi, USB, and/or CD equipment, so I can figure out if it's
> worth buying one of the first three.

    I really liked my Win 3.11 equipped Arm laptop ($4200), my first
computer with graphics and Internet.  Old computers recall the thrill
of those early explorations.  Assuming they loaded PCMCIA drivers with
Win 3.11, these 2 PCMCIA cards might work:

    Netgear FA510 Ethernet card, drivers on floppy
    USB 2.0 dual port USB card, might be able to find drivers

    Available for loan, Nashua.

Jim Kuzdrall