How Apple makes more profit on their systems...

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Mon Oct 5 12:42:09 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 9:45 AM, Ben Scott <dragonhawk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Tom Buskey <tom at buskey.name> wrote:
> > I got a mini displayport to composite adapter.  *bzzt*.  ... I had to get
> > a vga to composite converter to get analog output to my TV.  That was
> about
> > $30 and not available from apple.
> > ... the mini just works for everything I want to do.
>
>  Reality Distortion Field is in effect, I see.
>
> -- Ben

Nope.  I wanted a media computer to display videos I pulled from my TiVo to
a large file server.  I installed Boxee (and XBMC too) and the remote just
worked.   I now have an HDTV and an adapter to HDMI and it's perfect.

This is what I wanted.  While I waited to get the HDTV, it didn't work with
the old TV, but I got the mini to work with the new TV I was going to buy.