great big gobs of RAM and piles of cores to boot

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 18:17:01 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Alan Johnson<alan at datdec.com> wrote:
> I just want to check with the masses ... about any known issues ...
> ... up to 24 cores and as much as 256GB of RAM on the host.

  I can't answer your question directly (hopefully others here can
speak to it), but I wanted to point out some additional approaches
which I would suggest pursuing in parallel to the community:

  Contact the hardware manufacturer and make sure you'll be supported.
 For the money you'll be spending, they should be willing to help you
pre-sales.  Of course, vendors are not to be trusted pre-sales, but
getting their story is still a good idea.

  Check with Canonical (the company behind Ubuntu) for their take.  If
needed, I would think a phone consult fee would be easy to arrange,
for a project of this size.

-- Ben