great big gobs of RAM and piles of cores to boot

Alan Johnson alan at datdec.com
Tue Sep 8 19:31:16 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 6:17 PM, Ben Scott <dragonhawk at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Contact the hardware manufacturer and make sure you'll be supported.
>  For the money you'll be spending, they should be willing to help you
> pre-sales.  Of course, vendors are not to be trusted pre-sales, but
> getting their story is still a good idea.

Yep, check that one.  Looking for more opinions here.  Of course, neigher PC
Connection nor HP officially support Ubuntu and are happy to try to sell you
some windows licenses instead. ;-)

>   Check with Canonical (the company behind Ubuntu) for their take.  If
> needed, I would think a phone consult fee would be easy to arrange,
> for a project of this size.

Good thought.  I'm not sure I'm so paranoid as to get some authorization on
some pay-answers from Canonical, but I didn't think of their forums for some
reason.

--
Alan Johnson
alan at datdec.com