[OT] Generator testing

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Wed Sep 9 08:34:32 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 7:30 AM, Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org> wrote:

> On 09/08/2009 10:18 PM, Ben Scott wrote:
> >   FWIW, I find this topic fascinating, and quite possibly of interest
> > to my professional career, so I'd like to hear the stories, too.  :)

We have a lab where I am that was killing a hard drive every week.  We put
the systems on UPS and haven't had a failure since.

We also had problems in the DC during outages because the AC was not on the
generator.  After an hour w/o AC, the DC would start to overheat & we had to
shutdown systems anyways.

I heard a story about a generator that passed its periodic tests but failed
an outage because the fuel pump was not on the generator.