CALL FOR HELP: Software Freedom Day THIS SATURDAY in Manchester!

Arc Riley arcriley at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 09:41:41 EDT 2009

There's no electricity (that I've been told of, city electric never got back
to me).  It would be nice just to be able to burn CDs on demand if we run
out like last year, but we also have a lot more CDs than last year.

My experience of these sorts of events is that nobody wants to look at a
computer screen (you can barely see it against sunlight most of the time
anyway).  They're really just milling through and casually talking to us.

When talking to someone about Ubuntu, for example, showing them a screen
running Ubuntu, they're really not interested in seeing it - they really
just want to talk to you about it.  They can see screenshots and video demos
online at  home later if we peak their interest.