CALL FOR HELP: Software Freedom Day THIS SATURDAY in Manchester!

Jim Kuzdrall gnhlug at intrel.com
Fri Sep 18 11:16:22 EDT 2009

On Friday 18 September 2009 09:41, Arc Riley wrote:

> My experience of these sorts of events is that nobody wants to look
> at a computer screen (you can barely see it against sunlight most of
> the time anyway).  They're really just milling through and casually
> talking to us.

    I can believe that.  That is how I feel at similar things.

    How does this sound?  Using the CAD-CAM advantage, I can bring some
C-size (22"x17") complex mechanical and electronic drawing to put on an
old poster board I have.  Not as effective as a pretty woman, but at
least they know there is something to see.

    If I have time, I will try to make some business card size handouts
with "Free CAD-CAM Software" and the Qcad web site URL.  (Would it be
advisable to put "Courtesy of Greater NH Linux Users' Group,
www.gnhlug.org" at the bottom?)

    Today is a workday, but I might be able to get all that done
tonight.

Jim Kuzdrall