We need a better Internet in America

Ric Werme ewerme at comcast.net
Wed Apr 7 00:14:57 EDT 2010

From: "Greg Rundlett (freephile)" <greg at freephile.com>

> I hope this message is considered "on topic" because
> a) the Internet was/is built on Linux

You just lost all of us who worked on ARPAnet.  Of course, there aren't that
many of us, so maybe it doesn't matter.  The follow on to the ARPAnet, the
Internet, started around 1980 with the publishing of the core Internet
protocols and porting classics like the new (1973) FTP and Telnet protocols
and new ones like NFS and the rest of ONC-RPC.  Linux didn't appear until 1991
or so. I was "off net" in 1980, but I think BSD Unix is to the Internet as
TENEX and PDP-10s were to the ARPAnet.  Linux and Windows came along later.

In V2, you might try dropping the "was".

Sorry, I guess that wasn't the point you were making....

  -Ric