Password Card (was: Re: bogus emails looking for money)

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Tue Apr 27 14:05:57 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 1:37 PM, Chip Marshall <chip at 2bithacker.net> wrote:

> On 27-Apr-2010, Joel Burtram <jburtram at gmail.com> sent:
> > Turns out her facebook account had been hacked (probably poor
> > password security).
>
> Speaking of password security, I saw this on some RSS feed the
> other day: http://passwordcard.org/
>
> Seems like an interesting idea, at least a step up from the
> classic password-on-a-postit. Though if you card is ever stolen,
> it does narrow down the amount of trying that someone would have
> to do to brute force your accounts.

Some of the paper planner things recommend encrypting information (financial
records) on their journals in various ways.

Telegraphers had various codes to encrypt/condense the data in the Victorian
era.  FWIW, the French had an optical telegraph that could be read by anyone
that could see the towers so those codes could be more important then just
for electrical telegraphs.

I like those various encypted databases that can run on my phone that I
always have with me.