UDEV hangs on boot

Mark McSweeney mark.mcsweeney at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 10:12:43 EST 2010

I have an older vintage SuperMicro server that I installed Centos 5.4 on
that also appeared to hang on "Starting UDEV"

After a lot of hair pulling I learned that this system was actually not
hanging at starting UDEV but actually what was happening after udev was
started.

I found that when the lp module in /etc/sysconfig/modules/udev-stw.modules
it caused the system to hang.

I removed the lp module from this file and have been trouble free.

The post where I described my problem and my particular solution here:

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=60381&topic_id=14207&forum=37

Hope this helps your situation.

Mark

--
Mark McSweeney
30 Hampton Street

There may be Acrobat pdf documents attached to this email.  If your system
does not have the free Acrobat Reader you can get it here: