DECnet and other dead technologies (was: Linux for "cloud computing")

David Hardy belovedbold357 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 22:10:46 EST 2010

Oh, does THAT bring back the golden oldie memories!  My first-ever paid IT
gig was working with, yes, a PDP-11 running RSX-11 (for CAD/CAM engineering
apps) and a microVAX running, I think, VAX/VMS 3.5.

Then, off to DEC itself, in Marlborough and The Mill.

No Linux for me until twelve years later...