Interesting

Kenny Lussier klussier at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 15:33:52 EST 2010

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Jon 'maddog' Hall <maddog at li.org> wrote:
> While working on my paper about Linux and "Cloud Computing" (and thanks
> to all the people who sent me input), I went to the VirtualBox site:
>
> http://www.virtualbox.org/

Oracle has acquired a few virtualization products as of late. They
bought Virtual Iron last year (and promptly shut them down), they
acquired VirtualBox through Sun, and they bought a smaller
virtualization company two years ago that they are using as the base
of their VM product. They also tried buying VMWare out from under EMC.

Oracle and EMC have been amassing a lot of technologies outside of
their realm the last few years. Makes me wonder if we are seeing the
same consolidation in the tech world that the telco and ISP worlds
have been seeing.