office multi-function printer recommendations

Greg Rundlett (freephile) greg at freephile.com
Wed Mar 17 16:12:01 EDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 9:48 PM, Vince McHugh <vince.mchugh at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Greg,
>
> If you are buying an MFD from an Office equipment dealer, make sure that
> they have a history of working with CUPS, Linux, Unix, Mac. Then you can
> make it their responsibility to get you set up. THEN IT IS REAL EASY, at
> least for you. I do this for a living setting up Canon & Konica Minolta
> MFDs. Printing & Scanning work real well (smb, ftp, smtp). User accounting
> via LDAP and email address via LDAP also works well.
>
> Walk up fax works well, not so much print to fax. To make the Admin part
> easier, training is the key. It shouldn't be your job to have to figure it
> all out.

Thanks Vince,

That's what I thought too, except in practice I got the opposite of what I
expected and even asked for.  Now that the lease is signed, I can't do much
except bring new business elsewhere.  I wish it were easier to actually get
information on these products, and compare them but oh well.

We've got a Konica Minolta Bizhub that we're happy with.  Please give me a
call.  I'd like to get some numbers about costs/options.

Greg Rundlett
Director of Technology
Bean Group
603-766-1980