Google Chrome

Benjamin Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 13:36:23 EDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Cole Tuininga <colet at code-energy.com> wrote:
>>   Things like NoScript, ad blockers, and cookie controls are also
>> rather meager right now.
>
> I've been using adblock under Chrome for a couple months now ... seems
> to work about as well as the Firefox one for me.  *shrug*

  I don't actually use an ad blocker on Firefox, just NoScript.  (I
don't object to advertisements (I recognize stuff costs money), just
obnoxious/slow/insecure ones.)  I do use a cookie control (Permit
Cookies gives me easy "deny by default, grant as desired" operation.)

  Reportedly, neither are easily possible with Chrome right now.  And
also reportedly, the ad blocking on Chrome is inferior to what's
possible on Firefox.  Chome is limited to CSS-based mechanisms, so
instead of blocking the ads, they just hide them; this is also
supposed to be easier for ad designers to bypass.

http://hackademix.net/2009/12/10/why-chrome-has-no-noscript/

-- Ben