Starting an X11 client on another machine, without ssh

Kevin D. Clark kevin_d_clark at comcast.net
Tue Mar 23 22:17:43 EDT 2010

Bill McGonigle <bill at bfccomputing.com> writes:

> On 03/23/2010 06:13 PM, Kevin D. Clark wrote:
> > This is not possible with any SSH implementation that I am familiar
> > with.
>
> Ah, found it:
>
>    http://www.psc.edu/networking/projects/hpn-ssh/

Oh, that.  Yes, now I remember that.  I experimented around with that
a bit at a previous job.  I'm not sure why that set of patches
didn't help with a frequent, large "scp" job that I had to perform,
but that set of patches looked very promising.  Null ciphers
definitely weren't an option for me then though.

Thanks for reminding me of this!

--kevin
--
alumni.unh.edu!kdc / http://kdc-blog.blogspot.com/
GnuPG: D87F DAD6 0291 289C EB1E 781C 9BF8 A7D8 B280 F24E

 Wipe him down with gasoline 'til his arms are hard and mean
 From now on boys this iron boat's your home
 So heave away, boys.
   -- Tom Waits