OpenOffice question

Jim Kuzdrall gnhlug at intrel.com
Mon Mar 29 09:41:13 EDT 2010

On Monday 29 March 2010 09:15, TARogue wrote:
> I'm stuck using Word Perfect on Windows XP until I figure this out.
> WP allows you to make booklets; subdividing the page into blocks you
> define without using tables. I can't find anything like that in OO.
> Tables aren't really an option because of the way tables and text
> interact.
>
> If necessary I can post images of what I mean.

    You can use frames to divide the page, but you must set each size
and align them.  To make alignment easier, make a table of the right
geometry and put a frame in each cell.  In the frame formatting, use
width "relative = 100%", height "Autosize".  On the Wrap tab, spacings
are zero.

    The only flaw is that the table will insist on one blank line in the
cell.  That might be used as a convenient vertical frame spacing.  To
make the line small, create a paragraph style with the minimum font
size and no space above or below.  You probably want to eliminate the
border lines from the table.

    Not really great, but it might do.

Jim Kuzdrall