Nokia N900

David Rysdam david at rysdam.org
Tue May 11 22:12:25 EDT 2010

On 05/11/2010 09:31 PM, Joshua Judson Rosen wrote:

> How's the GPS? I heard from someone that the N810's GPS was lacking,
> though I'm still somewhat suspicious of his specific evaluation....

Google will back me up.  Although Google will also claim various fixes,
particularly "A-GPS" which requires an internet connection and is
therefore useless in (my) normal use.

Other solutions include an external GPS, which I don't really consider
to be a fix so much as a separate product. And in any case that would
still leave me using the N810's map software which is also pretty bad,
at least for what I do.