Qi-Hardware Nanonote group purchase?

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Fri Sep 3 23:11:26 EDT 2010

"Shawn O'Shea" <shawn at eth0.net> writes:
> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Joshua Judson Rosen <rozzin at geekspace.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Posted this at work also, then figured maybe someone on this list
> > would be interested:
> >
> > I'm going to buy one of these to see how well it can replace my
> > now-defunct, Rockbox-running iPod:
> >
> >         http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Hardware-Ben
>
> Looks interesting. I'm waiting for the crop of Android-based PMPs coming out
> from the big names for my next iPod replacement. A few are in the pipe like
> the two announced at IFA in Germany this week.
> Samsung Galaxy Player 50 - http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/03/
> samsung-galaxy-player-50-hands-on/
> Philips GoGear Connect - http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/01/
> philips-gogear-connect-hands-on/

Have you seen the Archos Android tablets? There are 2 of them out,
right now (first hit the market late last year), also with other
models on the way; it looks like Archos is actually behaving as a
good member of the FOSS community, too.

Radio Shack and Best Buy both carry some selection of them in stores,
if you haven't seen them; if you have..., thoughts?