[GNHLUG] [DLSLUG-Announce] TONIGHT: Android Hacks - DLSLUG Monthly Meeting - 2011-06-02

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Thu Jun 2 13:33:53 EDT 2011

                Dartmouth-Lake Sunapee Linux User Group
                         http://dlslug.org/
                a chapter of GNHLUG - http://gnhlug.org

The next regular monthly meeting of DLSLUG will be held:

                     Thursday, June 2nd, 7-9PM
at:               Dartmouth College, Carson L02
                 23 North Main Street, Hanover, NH

                  All are welcome, free of charge.

                               Agenda

5:30  Pre-meeting dinner at EBA's.  RSVP and bring cash.

7:00  Sign-in, networking

7:15  Introductory remarks

7:20  Android Hacks

       If you've got an Android device, please bring it tonight,
       and we'll explore what works, what doesn't, and what's
       really neat.

       I'll bring my Nook Color ($249 7" tablet computer) and show
       how one goes about taking a stock system and installing a
       Free version of Android (Cyanogenmod) on it.

8:50  Roundtable Exchange - where the attendees can make
       announcements or ask a Linux/FLOSS question of the group.

-----
                          Driving Directions

         Please see the website for links to driving directions.

                            Refreshments

         We currently lack a refreshment sponsor.  If you or your
         company would like to provide or sponsor refreshments,
         please get in touch.

                               RSVP

         RSVP by replying to this e-mail so we can give any
         refreshment sponsor a count.

                            Mailing Lists

         There are two primary mailman lists set up for DLSLUG, an
         Announce list and a Discuss list. Please sign up for the
         Announce list (moderated, low-volume) to stay apprised of
         the group's activities and the Discuss list (unmoderated)
         for group discussion. Links to the mailing lists are on the
         webpage.

                          Tell Your Friends

         Please pass this announcement along to anyone else who may
         be interested.

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Social networks: bill_mcgonigle/bill.mcgonigle