Am I 32-bit, or 64-bit?

Shawn O'Shea shawn at eth0.net
Thu Apr 5 14:18:32 EDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Michael ODonnell <
michael.odonnell at comcast.net> wrote:

>  The most recent announcement from them that I'm
> aware of is that they (once again) plan to abandon the 64bit
> version altogether.

They're actually only providing limited security fix releases of Flash
Player plugin from now on (current 11.2 release on) [1] [2].

Adobe partnered with Google to use a OS/browser independent API for
plugins, but Mozilla specifically stated they will not be implementing this
Google API [3]. So you're good if running Chrome on Linux, but other
browsers remain to be seen, I think.

-Shawn

[1] ZDnet article where I originally saw this -
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/adobe-abandons-linux/10418
[2] Official Adobe info on this -
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplatform/whitepapers/roadmap.html
[3] Mozilla's statements on Pepper/PPAPI -
http://www.internetnews.com/blog/skerner/mozilla-doesnt-want-pepper-for-linux-flash.html