Cold Patent War goes thermonuclear (was: Apple and lawsuits...Apple BEING sued)

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Tue Aug 21 11:41:16 EDT 2012

Ben Scott <dragonhawk at gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 9:01 PM, Bill Sconce <sconce at in-spec-inc.com> wrote:
> >     "[I]t's WWIII in the patent universe. Remember how we used to say
> >     that no one would ever be so foolish as to start a patent war,
> >     because it'd be destructive to everyone in it? Guess what? Apple
> >     decided on going thermonuclear, and here we are. Talk about your
> >     infinite loop. How wasteful is this?
>
>   Very apt.  And unfortunate.  :-(  The mobile tech field is an
> absolute warzone right now.  Just about everybody is suing just about
> everybody else.  It's a disaster.  It's not helping the industry, nor
> the public, or even the companies themselves.

Did you catch the `This American Life' episode: `When Patents Attack'?

    http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/441

Nice explanation for people outside the industry, by people outside
the industry. Transcript available at:

    http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/441/transcript

You can also get a copy of the audio, in the patent-encumbered format
of your choice--from Amazon or Apple.