Petitioning the White House to Promote Free Software in US Schools

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Thu Dec 27 18:50:31 EST 2012

"maddog at li.org" <jonhall80 at comcast.net> writes:

> Joshua,
>
> I cited it on my Facebook page and Tweeted about it.
>
> Some comments about it question the petition itself and the fact that
> a lot of educational decisions happen at the local level.  On the
> other hand the Federal Government "influences" lots of state decisions
> (age of drinking, as an example).
>
> And the more petitions like this, the more people at least think about
> it.

My sentiments almost exactly; additionally: consider that the White House
is being required (by popular vote) to produce an official statement on
why-or-why-not to build a Death Star. I can't say that this `try to get
a White-House statement about FOSS' effort is *less* worthwhile than
that. So, ultimately, I contributed my endorsement.