grub issue

michael miller k4ghp at comcast.net
Tue Oct 23 21:35:00 EDT 2012

uname -a & cat /proc/cmdline yield the same (correct) result in normal &
failed boots.  I'll try comparing the lsmod and log files in both
situations.  I'm usually cold starting when I see this problem.  There
is one thing that I could try.  My cpu has built in graphics, but I am
using an external graphics card so I can run two monitors.  I'll try
removing the graphics card and running off the cpu graphics to see if
the problem still occurs.  It's intermittent, so it may be a few days
before I know if that fixes the problem.

MikeO