Installing Ubuntu on an EFI-based Intel system

Robert Pruyne rpruyne at rpc-nh.org
Thu Aug 22 13:57:40 EDT 2013

Not to over simplify, but sometimes it's the most basic things we forget about.  I would guess it's a matter of the hardware to the CD got messed up.  Unless you reflashed the bios, I don't think the problem is there.  I don't think this has anything to do with EFI.

1.)    Did you knock the cable partially off the CD or off the Header for on the motherboard?
2.)    Did you knock the power off the CD Drive?
3.)    Does the CD drive work still?
4.)    Try moving the CD cable to another header on the MB. Try changing the cable to the CD. Try another CD Drive.

Sometimes if the bios doesn't see a device it won't list it.

GL
-Rob