Serial ports

M D L 41magnum at liberty.eprci.com
Mon Feb 4 20:50:34 EST 2013

The cards are a StarTech PEX4S952 four port serial adapter:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815158164&Tpk=pex4s952

I am able to use three ports off the first card (ttyS1 - ttyS3), so I know support for the cards are there.  The system doesn't have a monitor attached at the moment, so I'll have to get back to you on the status in UEFI.

You are correct about the first being on the motherboard, and the rest being cards.  Here is what lspci shows:

01:00.0 Serial controller: Oxford Semiconductor Ltd Device c208
02:00.0 Serial controller: Oxford Semiconductor Ltd Device c208
04:00.0 Serial controller: Oxford Semiconductor Ltd Device c208
05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 06) On Mon,

Michael