gps recommendations?

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Sun May 19 07:21:47 EDT 2013

One feature that I was not able to get working on the Android version of
Google Maps is route manipulation by moving the lines like you can on
the web version. The advantages of a commercial GPS system, like TomTom
is the screen size. Also, your maps are all preloaded. In a smartphone,
your maps are loaded via your data connection, but there is a way to
preload your maps before going into an area where you may not have wifi.
It depends on your cache size. Also look at mapdroyd. I once compared
Google Maps nav with Lexus nav, and I preferred the Google Maps route.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix