Network & system monitoring tools? Nagios, Zabbix, ...?

Chip Marshall chip at 2bithacker.net
Wed Aug 13 14:35:45 EDT 2014

On 2014-08-13, Joshua Judson Rosen <rozzin at geekspace.com> sent:
> Looking to set up some system for monitoring systems on the network at
> work; _vaguely_ familiar with nagios and zabbix....
>
> What do you guys generally find preferable, and why?
>
> Nagios? Zabbix? Something else?

Icinga is worth looking at if you're used to Nagios.

For things that would have traditionally been monitored with MRTG
or Cacti, I'd recommend taking a look at Observium.

If you're more into a roll your own thing, collectd + Graphite + grafana
makes some nice looking graphs.

--
Chip Marshall <chip at 2bithacker.net>
http://2bithacker.net/