Best RAW photo editing tool?

Roger H. Goun roger at bcah.com
Tue Aug 26 20:31:44 EDT 2014

In one way, I wish I was just getting started in digital photography today
rather than eight years ago. Now there are good free software choices. Back
then, I fought a losing battle with ufraw to get the results I wanted from
my Canon 20D.

<confession/>When the non-free Adobe Lightroom version 1 came along in beta
I tried it, fell in love, and never looked back. I haven't used much free
software for my photography in a long time, except for an occasional
smartphone app. I have a fairly complex workflow and it would be a huge
inconvenience to start over, though I've occasionally thought about it. But
it would be difficult and time consuming to learn to replicate my results.

tl;dr: I have no idea.

-- Roger