Drill Press Local to Nashua/Amherst/Milford needed

maddog@li.org jonhall80 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 16 11:40:22 EST 2014

Hi,

I am building a small demonstration supercomputer out of five Banana Pis, a Parallella board, a few other components and some Acrylic plastic.  The goal is to be able to put this "supercomputer" in a brief case, take it to a university or conference, pull it out and within a few minutes be able to demonstrate how to program or administer an HPC device using Free Software tools.  When finished the unit will break down into two parts:

(1) A base containing two 1-TB disks and an 8-port Gbps switch
(2) A "tower" of 5-6 Banana Pis and one Parallella board as the computing hub
(3) A power supply capable of providing the power (5 V, 15A) for the "supercomputer"

I need to drill some holes in the Acrylic during the week after New Years so I can put this all together.  With luck this will take about an hour or so of time with a drill press, and the largest hole being 1/4" diameter, and some smaller holes for mounting disk drives, the Gbps switch.

If anyone has a small drill press in the greater Nashua, area .that I could use I would greatly appreciate it.  I will show up with paper patterns made to show where to cut the holes.

Thanks,

maddog