USB video?

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 20:56:49 EST 2014

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 9:15 AM, Tom Buskey <tom at buskey.name> wrote:
> Though the RasPi doesn't have VGA because of cost I've read.  They wanted to
> make sure it worked on TV which meant HDMI and composite.  So maybe the cost
> was HDMI/Composite vs HDMI/Composite/VGA

  I'd suppose so.  Plus, the RasPi (or at least the one I looked at in
detail) is based on a cell phone chipset, which often have HDMI.  I'm
guessing VGA is less common.

> I still see PS/2 on new systems.

  I don't see a lot of different brands these days, but Dell and HP
have both all but eliminated PS/2.  It shows up on some high-end
CAD/CAM/engineering systems (e.g., the Dell Precision line).  Not
their servers.  Certainly not their regular desktops.

  A quick spot check finds IBM isn't using PS/2 anymore, either.  Irony.  :)

-- Ben