keepassx

Greg Rundlett (freephile) greg at freephile.com
Thu Jul 31 08:13:04 EDT 2014

I use crouton to create an Ubuntu machine on my Chromebook.  I then mostly
just use Ubuntu, including keepassx.  Two caveats:  you have to put the
machine into developer mode which makes it insecure (as a shared
platform).  I don't care because I'm the only one who uses it.  2) when
booting, the space bar will Erase! Your installation and reset it.  This is
Google's method to allow you to revert from developer mode and there's no
way to change it or circumvent it.  (You either wait 20 seconds or press
Ctrl d).  My son used my Chromebook one day and touched the spacebar while
booting.  Presto! Brand new Chromebook! 😕