Network-controlled power switches/relays?

Shawn O'Shea shawn at eth0.net
Tue Aug 22 15:51:05 EDT 2017

Not sure if you are looking for rack-mount or what your price range is, but
at $dayjob, I a have a few rackmount ePDU G3 Managed from Eaton.
http://powerquality.eaton.com/Products-services/Backup-Power-UPS/Eaton-Managed-ePDU.aspx

I have users accessing these remotely, most commonly via SSH X11 forwarded
Firefox. It has a telnet/ssh interface, which is very obtuse to use, but I
did manage to get it to work. It does only support dsa host keys
apparently, which newer OpenSSH versions will complain about and make you
use an ssh_config option to enable. My users wanted to do some automated
power cycling, and I've successfully gotten that to work with SNMPv3.
Definitely more of an enterprise product, but has been working out for us
despite a few bumps.

-Shawn

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 3:33 PM, Joshua Judson Rosen <rozzin at hackerposse.com