Linux for time lapse and wifi?

Richard Kolb II richard.kolb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 10:31:19 EDT 2017

Hello all,

I'm looking into using a pine a64 running ubuntu mate to setup a time lapse
photo using a standard digital camera controlled over USB. I haven't done a
ton of research into it yet, but I wanted to see if anyone else has done
something similar and had some advice/opinions. I was thinking of setting
this up first as a way to capture an event going on, and second as a
wildlife/security camera.

I'm also thinking about using it as a wifi access point, the location that
it'll be installed, a remote house in Maine, will have a dsl connection,
but right now I don't have a wireless router, and since I have this handy I
thought I'd take advantage.

Thanks,

Richard Kolb