Is your kids' school forcing Zoom on them too?

Lloyd Kvam lkvam at venix.com
Fri Aug 7 20:08:41 EDT 2020

On Fri, 2020-08-07 at 19:14 -0400, Matt Minuti wrote:
> There's been no remote execution exploits (AFAIK), so that's a non-issue.

There have been remote exploits in the past.
https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-2159/Zoom.html
Ignore #5 which is a different Zoom. Apple was forced to create a special update to clean up
the mess after zoom was "uninstalled".

That said, it's quite possible that today's Zoom is OK on that score. The Sans News Bites folks
do not seem to be concerned.

I installed Zoom on my wife's iPad. I won't install it on my gear. Being pushed into acquiring
a somewhat isolated device to run Zoom would be annoying.

--
Lloyd Kvam
5 Foliage View