Is your kids' school forcing Zoom on them too?

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at hackerposse.com
Sun Aug 9 09:50:33 EDT 2020

On 8/9/20 9:33 AM, Lloyd Kvam wrote:
> On Sun, 2020-08-09 at 08:07 -0400, dmichaud at amergin.org wrote:
>> In a pinch you can run Zoom wholly in a browser or other semi-sandboxed
>> environment such as mobile phone or tablet, without using the desktop app.
>
> I have attempted to join some meetings and discovered that the app was *required*.

One of the first promises that they make in their `how we plan to someday actually provide
some of the end-to-end encryption that we lied about already having had for ages until we got caught
and exposed for actually not having any security underneath at all' whitepaper
is to stop supporting web browsers....