Is your kids' school forcing Zoom on them too?

r270 at mrt4.com r270 at mrt4.com
Mon Aug 10 10:23:20 EDT 2020

I don't have any kids, but my school district and other governments who claim jurisdiction over me also require it.

Since Zoom had said before that it was secure and it turned out that it wasn't, it certainly doesn't make since to trust them now. The way we do it in the open source community is to have lots of eyeballs looking over the code so we can verify it ourselves. So, where can I get copies of the sources for Zoom's app and server?

Also, although the CEO of Zoom has become a U.S. citizen and they are headquartered in the U.S., Zoom is essentially a Chinese-owned company. They do whatever the Chinese government tells them to do including shutting down the accounts of U.S. and Chinese human rights activists.

There are at least a dozen alternatives:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_telecommunication_services_and_product_brands#Browser_based_-_does_not_require_software_downloads

https://techwiser.com/open-source-zoom-alternative/

Ron
r270 at mrt4.com